Today I want to talk to you about a very serious subject. This is about a very contagious sickness that once caught could possibly ruin your entire life. This sickness is known as Negativity and if you aren’t careful you just might end up catching it. Every day and everywhere we look, we always see negativity. Today one of the biggest places people can see negativity is on social media!! Yes social media. I am talking about Twitter, Myspace, and yes of course the biggest place negativity can be seen is on Facebook. Young or old, it doesn’t matter everyone is on Facebook posting about something. Here’s a list of the most common negativity you may see on Facebook. 1) Lying 2) Cheating 3) Rumors 4) Trust issues 5) Jealousy 6) Sensitivity 7) Being friends with exes 8) Broken relationships 9) Insecurities 10) Betrayal. Every day some of us allow ourselves to put up with negativity. It not only affects us but it affects all of our friends and family as well. Negativity, if not dealt with, can really hurt not only physically but emotionally, as well. When you have a negative attitude it can drain all of the energy right out of you. Negativity weakens the immune system which will make you more susceptible to sickness when compared to positive people. Negativity or Positivity not only determines what you will do with the choices you’re given but it also determines how we feel from a physical standpoint.
“Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.” Willie Nelson
If I had kept a negative attitude or mentality when I was growing up, I probably would not been the man I am today. “I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, good or bad, it all has a purpose.” The way I live is based off this very thing and I am thankful that I am who I am today because I kept a positive outlook on life. Growing up in foster care was never easy and there were very good reasons for me to be bitter and negative but I chose not to be that way. Let me share with you some ways that can actually help you to be more positive.
1. Don’t take other peoples negativity seriously. People will sometimes try and put you down but it’s up to you to decide what you want to receive.
2. Spend more time with positive people. You become who you are, surround yourself with positive minded people. If you spend time with negative people then it is easier for you to become negative.
3. Be the positivity you want to see in the world. What do I mean by this: be the example, the leader, not the follower. If people are posting negativity you should be spreading the positive.
4. Change the way you think. You have the power to decide how you react to others. Change that stinkin thinkin into something positive.
5. Focus on solutions. Instead of dwelling on mistakes you made in the past, stop beating yourself up. Look for a positive solution, that positive next step. What do you have to do better the next time around?
6. Love yourself and those around you. This is very important because you never know how someone is feeling or what they are thinking. Show others you care about them and I’ll guarantee that their attitude will change. They will be happier but not only that, you will be, too.
7. Provide support when it makes sense. Those people who complain or put all their business out there are just crying out for help. Use this as a way for you to help someone with their problems.
8. Realize that life is a series of ups and downs. There will be times when things are going good and there are times when things are going to be bad but you have to remain positive and know that grass will still be green on the other side. Keep the outlook of “things will only get better from here”.
9. Concentrate on today. We can’t allow our past to make us who we are today. There were a lot of things that physically and emotionally scarred me as a child but I didn’t take those things to heart. You have to let the past go and put it behind you.
10. Let go and move on!! Basically this speaks for itself. Let go of your negative past and move on towards your future. Ask yourself this: where do I see myself in ten years? How do I see myself in ten years? What kind of man or woman will I be then? Questions like that will help keep your mindset focused on being positive and successful.
“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”
― Mahatma Gandhi